Schedule an Appointment
The Pre-Law Advising Team is available to meet individually with students and alumni by appointment via Zoom or by phone. Select your school to get started:
- Columbian College of Arts and Sciences (advisor: Karen Johnson)
- Elliot School of International Affairs*
- Milken Institute School of Public Health
- School of Business
- School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
*For ESIA students and alumni: If you are an undergraduate student, please contact your assigned Elliott School advisor, who will provide you with a list of resources and contacts that will answer your pre-law questions and guide you through the process of thinking about and applying to law school. Alums should contact Tim Dodd ([email protected]), the director of undergraduate academic advising, in the Elliott School.
How We Can Help
Individual advising appointments are tailored to a student’s needs and questions. Common topics discussed in individual appointments include but are not limited to:
- Deciding whether law school is the best fit to reach your goals.
- Understanding the impact of your LSAT score and academic record (including GPA) on the likelihood of your admission to law school.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on draft documents for submission with law school applications including personal statements, addenda and résumés.
- Selecting a list of schools, or refining your list of law schools for application based on your criteria for evaluating schools and each schools’ past admissions criteria.
- Understanding law school financing and comparing offers from multiple law schools.
We are offering indivual appointments for students and alumni actively applying to law school this cycle. First and second year students are encouraged to attend a Pre-Law Information Session to meet and get your questions answered from an advisor.
801 22nd St. NW
Washington, DC 20052