Schedule an Appointment
The Pre-Law Advising Team at GW is available to meet individually with students and alumni by appointment via Zoom or by phone. Select your school to get started:
- Columbian College of Arts and Sciences (advisor: Karen Johnson)
- Elliott School of International Affairs (email for more information)
- Milken Institute School of Public Health (advisor: Karen Johnson)
- School of Business (advisor: Karen Johnson)
- School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (advisor: Karen Johnson)
How We Can Help
Individual advising appointments are tailored to a student’s needs and questions. Common topics discussed in individual appointments include but are not limited to:
- Deciding whether law school is the best fit to reach your goals.
- Understanding the impact of your LSAT score and academic record (including GPA) on the likelihood of your admission to law school.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on draft documents for submission with law school applications including personal statements, addenda and résumés.
- Selecting a list of schools, or refining your list of law schools for application based on your criteria for evaluating schools and each schools’ past admissions criteria.
- Understanding law school financing and comparing offers from multiple law schools.
We are offering indivual appointments for students and alumni actively applying to law school this cycle. First and second year students are encouraged to attend a Pre-Law Information Session to meet and get your questions answered from an advisor.