The GW Pre-Law Ambassadors provide information and conduct outreach to current and prospective pre-law students. Ambassadors are responsible for supporting the continued growth of the GW Pre-Law Program through their participation in Pre-Law workshops, seminars, events, and the annual DC Law School Fair™. Ambassadors are expected to commit to volunteering an average of 4 hours a week during the semester. If interested and eligible, Ambassadors are welcome to continue their service in subsequent semesters.
Students must meet the following requirements to be considered for an Ambassador position:
- Full-time enrollment on local GW campus with a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester
- Completion of two or more semesters at GW University by May 2020
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 at GW, which must be maintained throughout service
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and public speaking skills
- The ability to be a positive and productive team member
- A strong desire to promote the GW Pre-Law Program
- The ability to commit an average of 4 hours per week throughout the entire semester to engage in outreach and promotion efforts and to attend meetings and events
Selected students will be required to attend a mandatory Pre-Law Ambassadors team training during the first week of classes in January 2020. More information about this event will be provided after the selection process has ended. Applications are due by 5:00 p.m., Monday, January 6, 2020. If you have any questions, please email [email protected].